Skip to main content

Morgan #WhatUpKnox #UTK #VFL

I'm incredibly happy and honored to post this update.  Meet Morgan.  UT's School of Audiology's most recent candidate.  I am so proud of this girl and everything she has overcome to be standing right here in this moment.  In all reality, no one should be surprised of everything that Morgan is accomplishing.  She is one of the most driven young ladies I have ever met.  

Morgan came into my life years ago, and little did I know, she would become someone who has impacted my life much more than I could have ever impacted hers.  This little lady, who most certainly has not lost the cheerleader posing capabilities, sat in my freshman English class back in Morristown, back when I still had no idea what I was doing as a second year teacher.  I failed this young lady over and over.  Fast forward to just a few months ago when I actively searched for Morgan on Facebook.  For some reason, I needed to know what had become of her.  She has been on my mind more times than I can count over the past year or so.  I've talked about her several times, too.  Luckily, she wasn't too hard to find.  While we were catching up with back and forth messaging, I learned that she was anxiously awaiting her acceptance letter from UT for Audiology.  I broke down.  Not only does Morgan's story make me super proud of her for pushing boundaries and striving for exactly what she wants, but Morgan's story also gives me hope for my own child.  Morgan has shown me that nothing is impossible.  For that, Morgan, I am eternally grateful that I found you and that you are so willing to share your expertise and experiences.  

Morgan is such a bright, sassy young lady, full of energy and life.  Her personality and laughter are so infectious that being around her is to experience pure happiness.  During this session, we laughed so much, causing me to snort at least once.  I missed tons of true personality shots simply because I was laughing too hard.  We have to give credit to Morgan's mom, too.  She is just as incredible as Morgan.  

While Morgan graduates in the next few days from the University of Tennessee and continues the next chapter in her educational career, she is also sporting a brand new, super shiny and beautiful engagement ring.  Yes, big things are in store for this girl!  There is no doubt in my mind that Miss Morgan is certainly experiencing the best life has to offer, and she will continue to be blessed!  

Please help me congratulate beautiful Morgan, a Vol for Life even if orange isn't her color!   











Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Pops, Splash Pads, and Creeks

I've not posted in a few days, but that doesn't mean I haven't been shooting.  I'm trying to make a habit of photographing some moment every day, no matter how seemingly insignificant.  Sometimes I don't get much, but sometimes I do.   Izzy has a neighbor friend that she plays with often, and it seems like every time they play, they eat.  This particular day brought them ice pops and confetti cake.  These two love to play together and the boy has never met a stranger.  He cracks me up with his "Hey!" whenever we see him.  He makes himself at home well, too.  Such a fun kid.   Next, we had another play date with Lexie!  At another splash pad!  We have a few more to visit before we can say we've conquered them all in our area.  This one was at Steele Creek Park in Bristol.  While I like Bristol, and I like Steele Creek Park, I prefer Rotary Park in Johnson City.  Plus, there is a drainage problem here, so o

Splash Pad!

Play date number 2 is in the books!  Two play dates within one week!  Ashley, we're killing it!  :)   We met up at Rotary Park in Johnson City to have fun at the new splash pad.  When we drove up, I was a little worried about the crowd because the parking lot was -FULL- but it wasn't that bad.  We just plopped our bags and towels down in the pretty astroturf and got to playing.  It was a beautiful, hot day, so the water was a great idea.  Except I had to remind myself that I had a camera in my hands!  I found myself fascinated with the motion of the water, so I tried to get in as close as I could to capture the movement.  I was also happy to see how blissfully happy the girls were while playing.  Izzy completely let loose as soon as we arrived.  I love that this girl can have so much fun no matter what we do.  Cousin Hazen joined us, but I don't know that she had as much fun as Izzy and Lexie.  She did, however, introduce the girls to different types of fidget spinners

Muddy Puddles

Izzy loves Peppa Pig, and if you've seen the show, you know about muddy puddles.  Today was our day to play like Peppa, George, and all her friends.  Thanks to my good friend Jessie, I had a little nudge of inspiration with a pin from Pinterest, and I figured we might as well have a little fun in the rain today instead of staying cooped up inside.  I was going to hold off on posting these, but I just can't wait.    I love my girl, her smile, her personality, her fearlessness, her strong will, and her playfulness.  I hope she always stays the same! This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License .