Skip to main content

Prom!

These are long overdue, but they are so worth it.  ;)

Prom is one of those nights that most teenagers look forward to for years.  The dress, the shoes, the hair, the makeup...it's all an overwhelming and exciting experience.  Months before, the shopping begins, usually with dads wondering why dresses cost so much and why their daughters have to choose the more expensive one (I'm reminded of "the cheaper chicken" in Father of the Bride.).  Moms try their best to let their daughters make their own choices, but of course, a mother's input just blurts out.  There is no controlling it.  Hair and makeup appointments are made for trial runs.  Those are expensive enough.  Hanah eventually elected for me to do her hair (I tried my best), and for a family friend Chelsey to do her makeup.  There's finding a date, sharing photos of the dress and shoes with your friends, raising money through school fundraisers to help fund the event.  And the pictures.  The endless barrage of camera clicks and flashes are enough to cause a small meltdown from the adorned couple.  The list seems endless and tiresome.  But, for this one day, our little girls become those princesses they've watched and read about their entire lives.  Hanah most certainly looked like a princess, and from what I can tell about Travis, she was treated like a princess.  The anticipation and frustration of waiting for months, even years, for this one night finally vanishes.  From what I've heard, this prom night was a blast.  Unforgettable.  Thank goodness.

Shout out to my best good friend Ashley Bishop and her crew over at MeadowView Convention Center in Kingsport for always doing Hampton High's prom right.  One of the first things mentioned was how great the food was.  Those loaded mashed potatoes could win anyone over!  Also, I hear Scott Arrington was an awesome DJ!

Hanah was as beautiful as ever for her prom, and she was more than willing to put up with my assistant, Hazen, and me being along for the ride.  Her date Travis had to endure quite a bit of torture from me, as well.  Particularly, I couldn't get his name right.  Sorry, Travis.  Travis.  Travis.  Got it.  Oh, and these two were chauffeured by the one and only Bobby McGee in his sharp looking car.

I'm willing to say this is some of my best work to date.  I've photographed Hanah plenty over the course of this past year, so she has not only gotten used to me, but I'm more comfortable with her in front of my lens, too.  We work well together.  Plus, she is super photogenic.  I hope she is as happy with these images as I am.

Ultimately, this evening for Hanah showed her the best that life has to offer.  I have a feeling Hanah will feel like a princess many more times throughout her life, but for now, here is the beauty.





















Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Pops, Splash Pads, and Creeks

I've not posted in a few days, but that doesn't mean I haven't been shooting.  I'm trying to make a habit of photographing some moment every day, no matter how seemingly insignificant.  Sometimes I don't get much, but sometimes I do.   Izzy has a neighbor friend that she plays with often, and it seems like every time they play, they eat.  This particular day brought them ice pops and confetti cake.  These two love to play together and the boy has never met a stranger.  He cracks me up with his "Hey!" whenever we see him.  He makes himself at home well, too.  Such a fun kid.   Next, we had another play date with Lexie!  At another splash pad!  We have a few more to visit before we can say we've conquered them all in our area.  This one was at Steele Creek Park in Bristol.  While I like Bristol, and I like Steele Creek Park, I prefer Rotary Park in Johnson City.  Plus, there is a drainage problem here, so o

Splash Pad!

Play date number 2 is in the books!  Two play dates within one week!  Ashley, we're killing it!  :)   We met up at Rotary Park in Johnson City to have fun at the new splash pad.  When we drove up, I was a little worried about the crowd because the parking lot was -FULL- but it wasn't that bad.  We just plopped our bags and towels down in the pretty astroturf and got to playing.  It was a beautiful, hot day, so the water was a great idea.  Except I had to remind myself that I had a camera in my hands!  I found myself fascinated with the motion of the water, so I tried to get in as close as I could to capture the movement.  I was also happy to see how blissfully happy the girls were while playing.  Izzy completely let loose as soon as we arrived.  I love that this girl can have so much fun no matter what we do.  Cousin Hazen joined us, but I don't know that she had as much fun as Izzy and Lexie.  She did, however, introduce the girls to different types of fidget spinners

Muddy Puddles

Izzy loves Peppa Pig, and if you've seen the show, you know about muddy puddles.  Today was our day to play like Peppa, George, and all her friends.  Thanks to my good friend Jessie, I had a little nudge of inspiration with a pin from Pinterest, and I figured we might as well have a little fun in the rain today instead of staying cooped up inside.  I was going to hold off on posting these, but I just can't wait.    I love my girl, her smile, her personality, her fearlessness, her strong will, and her playfulness.  I hope she always stays the same! This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License .