Skip to main content

#Sauced

Britni & Justin's wedding day finally arrived!  

Britni & Justin's wedding was simply beautiful.  They chose Fern Valley Farm in Bristol, VA as their venue, and they kept the event simple and sweet, but elegant and romantic.  Walking into the gathering room, guests took a look into the happy couple's relationship.  They saw family photos, love notes, trinkets and small gifts, books aplenty.  Many people close to Britni and Justin made the day even more personal by adding in their own touches: the gorgeous floral arrangements and decorative pieces, the beautiful raspberry wedding cake, the truly unique origami cake topper made by the best man,  a handmade shawl crocheted by a bridesmaid.  The groom's tie was a Valentine's Day gift from a previous gift, which inspired the wedding colors,  and the ring box was a trinket of Britni's grandmother.  Each bouquet had a small crocheted heart attached.  Britni's brother was the officiant.  Each book on display had appropriate titles to match the event.  Every detail was so carefully and thoughtfully planned and personal, which of course, took a lot of time, but made the entire day that more meaningful.  To attend this wedding was to understand Britni and Justin.  I'm thankful I was there and that the couple trusted me enough to capture these everlasting, most important memories.   Mostly, I'm thankful that I was reminded of the small things that build the strongest of foundations for relationships.

***EDIT:  I have made a mistake!  The cake topper was not made by the best man, but a man with the same name.  I apologize to both men!  Nevertheless, Britni and Justin are surrounded by talented people who care enough about the couple to share and display their talents.***


Now, onto the preview!  I certainly hope these photos do justice to the occasion.  Everyone was gorgeous, especially the bride!  And join me in wishing the bride and groom a happy honeymoon, happy marriage, and the best life has to offer!


"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."  -E. Bronte













































Ok, so here is a moment of honesty:  I didn't trust myself so much since this is the first wedding I've shot.  The answer was easy:  I called in my reinforcement!  Ashley Bishop of ab photography (look her up on Instagram!) was kind enough to join me for the day.  I knew her images would capture those small moments and features that I overlooked or simply missed.  Plus, I absolutely love the way she plays with light!  Ashley manages to capture so much raw emotion in her shots...it's breathtaking!  She is the best, and I'm privilege to call her my friend.  Thanks, Ashley for saving me (once again) and for always being there for me no matter the request.  Here's a sneak peek of Ashley's images.  Again, look her up on Instagram @ab_photography___!


















Creative Commons License

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Pops, Splash Pads, and Creeks

I've not posted in a few days, but that doesn't mean I haven't been shooting.  I'm trying to make a habit of photographing some moment every day, no matter how seemingly insignificant.  Sometimes I don't get much, but sometimes I do.   Izzy has a neighbor friend that she plays with often, and it seems like every time they play, they eat.  This particular day brought them ice pops and confetti cake.  These two love to play together and the boy has never met a stranger.  He cracks me up with his "Hey!" whenever we see him.  He makes himself at home well, too.  Such a fun kid.   Next, we had another play date with Lexie!  At another splash pad!  We have a few more to visit before we can say we've conquered them all in our area.  This one was at Steele Creek Park in Bristol.  While I like Bristol, and I like Steele Creek Park, I prefer Rotary Park in Johnson City.  Plus, there is a drainage problem here, so o

Splash Pad!

Play date number 2 is in the books!  Two play dates within one week!  Ashley, we're killing it!  :)   We met up at Rotary Park in Johnson City to have fun at the new splash pad.  When we drove up, I was a little worried about the crowd because the parking lot was -FULL- but it wasn't that bad.  We just plopped our bags and towels down in the pretty astroturf and got to playing.  It was a beautiful, hot day, so the water was a great idea.  Except I had to remind myself that I had a camera in my hands!  I found myself fascinated with the motion of the water, so I tried to get in as close as I could to capture the movement.  I was also happy to see how blissfully happy the girls were while playing.  Izzy completely let loose as soon as we arrived.  I love that this girl can have so much fun no matter what we do.  Cousin Hazen joined us, but I don't know that she had as much fun as Izzy and Lexie.  She did, however, introduce the girls to different types of fidget spinners

Muddy Puddles

Izzy loves Peppa Pig, and if you've seen the show, you know about muddy puddles.  Today was our day to play like Peppa, George, and all her friends.  Thanks to my good friend Jessie, I had a little nudge of inspiration with a pin from Pinterest, and I figured we might as well have a little fun in the rain today instead of staying cooped up inside.  I was going to hold off on posting these, but I just can't wait.    I love my girl, her smile, her personality, her fearlessness, her strong will, and her playfulness.  I hope she always stays the same! This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License .